Rich in tourist sights, Viseu de Sus is a starting point for numerous routes that follow objectives with a real historical, cultural, and natural value, and the most beautiful and diverse landscapes. Thus, one can choose between a narrow gauge train trip or one of the routes on foot from the Maramures Mountains.
- The trip by narrow gauge train on the route Vişeu de Sus - CFF station Făina and return, with a duration of one day, for this purpose the industrial platform Vaser was arranged for tourists;
- The route with departure from Poiana Novăţ – Novicior, climbing Greben Peak, Obcioarei Crest, descent at Borcut, climbing to former baths of Novicior and return to CFF Novicior station, with duration of one day;
- Hitchhiking trip for 2 days with departure from CFF Novăţ Station, going on CFF Line to Ihoasa – Râpi – Roşu (night stay in tent), with climbling on Preluca lui Gotan, Picioarele Gradului, Toroiaga Peak, Ţiganu Peak and return to Măcârlău (on Vaser);
- Hitchhiking trip between Novicior – Băi, Plaiu Popii, Preluca Pipei and descent to CFF Făina;
- Hitchhiking trip between CFF Botizu Station, climbing 3 km on Botizu Valley, Lutoasa and access to the border with Ukraine (beautiful landscape towards Ukraine and Poland);
- Hitchhiking trip from CFF Botizu Station – 3 km on the valley upwards, to the left on forestry road towards Bardău Peak (beautiful landscape towards the whole Maramureşul);
- Crest route following the border with Ukraine, 4-5 days, from CFF Comanu Station, with climbing on Comanu Mic Peak and passage through peaks Gliganu, Ştevioara, Lostun, Făina, Şuligu, Pietriceaua, Lutoasa, Bardău, Băiţa (Cozia), Şoimu and descent through Rea Valley.
Information taken from the website www.muntiimaramuresului.ro
- Marked touristic trail Bardău Station - Pietrosu Bardău Peak – Pecealu Peak - Coşnea cabin- Poienile de Sub Munte.
Marking: red line; Duration: 10-11 hours
- Marked touristic trail Şuligu station –Şuligu Valley – Borcut (mineral spring).
Marking: Red dot; Duration: 45 minutes
- Marked touristic trail Făina Station – Mihoaia Valley – Borcut Mihoaia.
Marking: Blue dot; Duration: 1 hour
- Marked touristic trail Prislop Pass –Fântâna Stanchii Cabin – Tarniţa Bălăsânii – Prislopu Cataramei Peak – Şaua Gâliu.
Marking: Red line; Duration: 8-9 hours
- Marked touristic trail Baia Borşa (center) – Secu Valley – Lucăceasa refuge – Haitul Măcârlău (Vaser Valley).
Marking: Red triangle; Duration: 5-6 hours
- Marked touristic trail Coşnea Cabine – Stânişoara –Mihailecu Peak – Vinderel Lake.
Marking: Red line; Duration: 4-5 hours
- Marked touristic trail
a. Repedea – Chicera – Laba – Runea –Vinderel Lake.
b. Repedea –forest cabin Repedea – Petriceaua – Vinderel lake.
Marking: Blue line; Duration: 5-6 hours
- Borşa Complex - Fântâna Valley- Horses’ Spring Waterfall - Şaua Stiol – Prislop Pass.
Marking: red triangle; Duration: 4-5 hours
- Prislop Pass - Prelunca Tătarilor - Borşa Complex.
Marking: yellow line; Duration: 2,5 - 3 hours
- Borşa Complex - Poiana Runcu Stiolului - Şaua Stiol - Izvorul Bistriţei - Şaua Gărgălău.
Marking: blue line; Duration: 3,5 - 4 hours
- Borşa Complex - Faţa Meselor - Puzdra - Şaua Galaţiului.
Marking: blue dot; Duration: 4,5 - 5 hours
- Borşa Glade – Negoiescului Valley - Puzdra - Saua Galaţiului.
Marking: blue triangle; Duration: 6 - 6,5 hours
- Borşa – Pietrosu Lake – Rebra Peak.
Marking: blue line; Duration: 6 - 8 hours
- Şaua Gărgălău – Galaţiului Peak – Rebra peak – Bătrâna Peak – Setref Pass.
Marking: red line; Duration: 14 - 16 ore